Meridian Mortgages. Registered Office: 68 Pullman Road, Wigston, Leicester LE18 2DB. Registered in England Number: 05955825
As the controller of your data, Meridian Mortgages comply with Data Protection laws in the United Kingdom.
The personal data we collect about you
Personal data collected, used, stored and transferred by us may include:
- Identity Data including forenames and last name,
- Contact Data including business contact information and email address
- Technical Data including internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices used to access the Meridian Mortgages case tracking portal
How do we collect your personal data?
Personal data is collected by us using direct interaction (e.g. phone, email) or by automated technologies and technical interactions with our case tracking portal, processing Identity, Contact and Technical categories of personal data.
How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data in order to:
- To create and maintain access to our case tracking portal
- To administer and protect our business and our website (including data security, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
Personal data is processed in performance of a contract with you (i.e. provide access to the portal) and as necessary for our legitimate interest (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise).
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal data to only those Meridian Mortgages staff, business partners and suppliers who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 21st January 2020.
Please note that your personal information will not be passed to any third-party organisation for marketing purposes.
Who we disclose personal data to
Type of recipient
Specialist IT system providers to facilitate the provision and updating of information presented in the case tracking portal.
Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice
How long is your personal data retained?
Your personal data used to provide your Case Tracking Portal account will be retained for the duration of your status as active user. Once your account is deactivated your personal data will either be securely deleted or anonymised so that it can be used for statistical purposes but without any method of identifying you individually.
Your legal rights regarding your personal information
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of the personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
If you have any questions or complaints relating to how we use your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal information, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us. We will respond to you as soon as is possible. The length of time will depend on the type and complexity of the request, but you will receive a response no later than one month from the initial request.
What if I am still not satisfied?
If you are not satisfied with how the Mortgage Advice Bureau has responded to your enquiry, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who is the regulator for data protection in the United Kingdom.